Secondary Transfer

Children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities

Most children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities can get the support they need at local mainstream schools.

If your child has an Education, Health and Care Plan, you need to follow a different process when applying for a secondary school place. For more information about applying to start secondary school, please use the link below:

School Admissions For Children with Special Educational Needs
Further Information

For more information and advice on applying to start school or an in-year admission:

  • visit the Lewisham Council Website:
  • speak to a member the Admissions and Appeals team on 0208 314 8282 (lines are open Tuesday-Thursday, 9am - 1pm)
  • email the Admissions and Appeasls Team

For independant advice you can contact ACE Education Advice on 0300 0115 142 (lines are open Monday - Wednesday, 10am - 1pm) or visit their website: