Eliot Bank and Kelvin Grove Children's Centre
The staff at the Children’s Centre can give individual advice and support about a wide range of issues ,including housing, employment, benefit entitlement and debt advice. Our Centre Leader, Kim Ward, and her team, can offer expert help and guidance.
The Children’s Centre operates across two sites, one at Eliot Bank and one at Kelvin Grove. A range of services and sessions are run including:
- Job Club – get help returning to work including writing applications and CVs, accessing training and understanding childcare options
- Learn Direct – improve qualifications such as Basic Maths and Literacy
- ESOL – classes to develop speaking, reading and writing English
- Parenting courses – for specific problems or more general advice
- Health Visitor Clinics – advice and support with baby and toddler development, get up to date with immunisations
- Midwife clinics – ante and post natal checks and support
- Play sessions and drop ins for parents and childminders
Message from the Childrens Centre Team:
Hi everyone we officially re open on 21st September.
You will notice that TNG is not on it and this is because of Covid we are currently not able to use the space.
To help maintain social distancing we are restricting the amount of people that are able to attend each session. So to avoid disappointment you will need to book in advance by phoning the centre on (020) 8613 0172.￼￼ We will also be setting up a booking sessions email and once the address is confirmed I will post on FB. At KG & EB Latino Bambino and the Workout Club will now be online - you can book a space using the following link:
We have tried as much as possible to continue to offer you some great sessions and hope you are able to come back and enjoy them as before. Please bare with us during this uncertain time as we are aiming to keep you all safe and well and hope you help by playing your part.
All adults who attend sessions will be asked to wear a face covering at all times unless a letter of exemption can be provided.
Please don’t attend the centre if you or your child has any covid symptoms, has been in contact with anyone with covid or covid symptoms, or have arrived back from the country on the FCO quarantine list within the last two weeks.￼
We can't wait to see you all.