At Eliot Bank our families, staff and pupils are linked to many parts of the world and come from a wide range of faith groups. We aim to celebrate this diversity and offer a welcoming and inclusive environment for all of our pupils and families. We believe that Religious Education (R.E.) provides an opportunity to celebrate and foster awareness of these differences at Eliot Bank and in the wider world.
At Eliot Bank Primary School we value R.E. because it promotes the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of pupils at the school and of society as they learn about religion, and also learn from religion. It also prepares pupils for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life.
Use the links below to find out more about the topics the children learn in each year group.
R.E. at Eliot Bank allows pupils to:
- acquire knowledge and understanding of religion and develop the ability to make reasoned and informed judgements about Christianity and the other principal religions represented in the UK.
- develop an understanding of the influence of beliefs, values and traditions on individuals, communities, societies and cultures.
- enhance their spiritual, moral, cultural and social development.
- develop a positive attitude towards other people, respecting their right to hold different beliefs from their own, and towards living in a society of diverse religions.
- have the opportunity to visit and experience a range of local places of worship over the course of their time at Eliot Bank.
Sarah Bridgman, Humanities Team Leader