Children born between 1st September 2018 and 31 August 2019 are due to start in a primary school in September 2023.
Applications can be made from 1st September 2022 to 15th January 2023.
Lewisham Council coordinate applications for Reception class places in primary schools within the Lewisham Borough. To apply for a Reception class place for their child parents should apply online directly to your home Local Authority (the borough where you live and pay council tax) via www.eadmissions.org.uk.
Parents are advised to read the following information, available via the links below, before making their application.
Applying To Start Primary School 2023/2024 (Lewisham Council Document)
Applying To Start Primary School (Lewisham Council Website)
eAdmissions: Guidance to Applying Online
- Parents should apply for six mainstream state primary schools, which can be in our outside the Lewisham borough. Do not include fee-paying or special needs schools on your application as they have a seperate application process.
- On the applications parents must be rank schools in order of preference. Parents are advised to use all all six preferences and not restrict their application. As it is not always possible to offer every child a place at one fo their preferred schools, parents are advised to research a range of schools, including the one closest to your home address.
- Most schools in the borough will be oversubscribed, Where there is oversubscription priority is given to:
- Looked-after children - children in public care , or being provided with accommodation by a local authority. Confirmation of a child's looked-after status must be supplied by the allocated social worker or foster carer, along with a copy of the adoption order, care order or special guardianship order.
- Medical or social need - children may be admitted to a school where they would not normally qualify for a place on the grounds of their, or their family's, severe medical or social need. The application must be supported by a letter from a professional such as doctor or a social worker.
- Siblings - children whose brother or sister attends the school on the closing date for applications and still be on roll at Eliot Bank School at the intended date of admission.
- Distance to School - if any places remain, unfilled priority will be offered to children who live closest to the school. Distance will be measured in a straight line using digitised mapping software.
- Once parents have completed the online application they will receive an automated email confirming receipt of your application and a reference number. They will also be able to make any changes to your application up until the January deadline.
- National offer day is 17th April 2023. Online applicants will get the result by email during the evening of the 17th April 2023 from the Local Authority.
- You will need to accept your offer direct to the Local Authority by 3rd May 2023. Offers should be accepted by logging into your account so it’s important to keep a record of your user name and password.
For more information about applying to start primary school and how to make the application via the eAdmissions system, please use the link below.
Lewisham Council Website: Applying to Start Primary School
For more information and advice on admissions: