Children born between 1st September 2016 and 31st August 2017 can start Nursery in September 2020.
Places at our Nursery are for either 30 or 15 funded hours per week, 6 or 3 hours per day respectively, Monday to Friday. Morning places are from 8.45am to 11.45am. Afternoon places are 12.30pm to 3.30pm. Full-time places are from 8.45am to 3.30pm. We will try to meet your preference for a morning or afternoon place but cannot guarantee it.
Generally, you are eligible for 15 hours, but you may be eligible for 30 hours of free childcare. Please check the eligibility criteria by using the following link: - 30 hours free childcare - GOV.UK.
Applications can be made at any time after your child’s 2nd birthday. To apply for a place at our nursery please contact the school office on 020 8699 0586.
Nursery places are allocated to children within the nursery age range ( i.e. between 3 years and the start of the academic year in which they will be 5). We do not allocate places to children whose parents have delayed admission to reception class.
In line with Lewisham’s Admission Criteria, where there is over-subscription, priority is given to:
- Children in public care (i.e. looked after by the local authority).
- Children with an acute medical or social need for Eliot Bank Primary School (the application must be supported by a letter from a professional such as doctor or a social worker).
- Applicants whose brother or sister is on roll at Eliot Bank Primary School on the closing date for applications and will still be on roll at Eliot Bank at the intended date of admission.
- If any places remain, unfilled priority will be offered to children who live closest to the school. Distance will be measured in a straight line using digitised mapping software.
- Offers are made approximately 4 months before the September that a child would be due to start.
- Unsuccessful applicants do not have the right of appeal but the child’s name can be placed on a waiting list.
Please note that a place in the Nursery does not guarantee a place in the Reception Class. You must apply separately at the appropriate time online to the Local Authority - for more infomation about applying for a place in reception click here.