Eliot Bank Primary School
- Address: Thorpewood Avenue, Sydenham, London, SE264BU
- School type: Community school
- Education phase: Primary
- Age range: 3-11
- Gender of entry: Mixed
- Ofsted rating: Outstanding (inspected 3 February 2010)
- Local authority: Lewisham
- Executive Headteacher: Maria Gilmore
- Head of School: Mark Ridler
Our vision is that every child will succeed. We are highly aspirational for all of our children and we do whatever it takes to enable them to overcome barriers to their learning. We are committed to fair and equal access to the curriculum for all children, regardless of their starting points and taking into account any additional needs they may have. We work together to give each individual child the best possible experience of school life.
We are committed to developing lifelong learners who value and exhibit qualities such as:
We focus on providing a safe and nourishing environment where children feel accepted, included and able to take on new challenges. With this in place, we know that we can instil a love of learning in our children.
In order achieve our vision we base our practice on the following strategies:
- An inspiring and engaging curriculum which reflects our pupil’s world
- Giving children ownership of their own learning and a role in planning a curriculum which reflects their interests and questions
- Assessment for learning
- A ‘brain-friendly’ approach based on what children need for optimal cognitive functioning
- A strong behaviour policy based on mutual respect
(The above is taken from our Teaching and Learning Policy. The full document can be found in the policies section of the website or you can click here).